Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Time?

When the heck did I think I would have the time to blog? At night I am too tired and all I want to do is sleep. During the day there is no time.

The drive was horrible. I did fine, but I never saw so much boring and repetitive landscape. On a wagon train long ago I would have turned around. 

Once we hit Colorado it got better, and Boulder and Denver were a pleasant surprise for someone craving western civilization. I would compare the two to San Francisco (Denver) and Berkeley (Boulder), except I imprinted on California and would probably never leave that state.

To give an idea of the monotonous landscape I will include some pictures here.

The first one or two might look familiar as I am sure they were taken while still driving in California.



This next one is miles down the road, possibly hundreds of miles down the road, but who was counting at that point. All I knew then was that we are flying next time.




You get the idea, rolling hills, nice clouds, but over and over and over....

After a while giddiness set in and bad joke after bad joke. So I was not able to ignore the sign in the picture below. Proudly displaying the letter of the towns we were passing, we wondered why this town would do so: 



Then the scenery changed somewhat, and out came the camera again.



And again... with moon.



And now it is time for the Boulder farmers market, perhaps there will be time to write more tonight with more exciting pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Having done a blog with photos, I get the time thing, but please keep it up as it is so great on the receiving end.

    Loved the photo of scening BM...makes me want to "go" there - possibly a great place for "two".
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete